Ever wonder how much your car is worth? What's the value of my vehicle? We'll help you figure out the value of your vehicle by highlighting some key factors and also provide a free valuation tool to help get you started with instant cash offers from buyers. Let's dive in!
What Factors Affect The Vehicle Value
How much is my car worth? That's a question many people ask themselves when they're looking to sell or trade-in. While there are many factors that can influence your car value, here are some of the most important ones to consider when looking to sell.
- Production Year: The older the car is, typically the less money you will get for it because its resale chances decrease with age. It's also harder to find spare parts for cars over 10 years old.
- Make & Model: The make of a vehicle refers to the manufacturer while the model refers to the specific type of vehicle within that brand. Different makes and models hold different values depending on their popularity. Knowing these two things can give you an idea as to how much money someone would be willing to pay for your used ride.
- Mileage: Having more miles on your car can lower its value because most people don't want to purchase a used car with over 100k miles on it.
- Color: Different colors on your car might look nice, but they also influence the value of your vehicle. According to iSeeCars, white, black, or silver tend to depreciate more slowly than some colors because they are safe picks that appeal to a wide segment of drivers.
- Condition: If you're looking to trade-in or sell your used car, you'll want to clean it up before taking those pictures! A visit to a good mechanic and detailer can see a nice increase in the sale price of your vehicle.
How to Maintain Your Vehicle to Increase Its Value
It's not too difficult to maintain your vehicle, but it does take a little bit of time. If you want to increase the value of your car when you go to sell it, there are some things that will help!
- Oil Changes: The first thing is keeping up with oil changes and other routine maintenance. It's important to change the oil in your car every 3-6 months depending on what kind of engine oil you use (synthetic or conventional). This helps keep all of the parts in the engine lubricated and running smoothly. If there is not enough lubrication in those parts, then they can wear out much faster than if they were properly oiled. Changing your oil also removes dirt and other substances that can clog up your engine.
- Inspect Your Tires: Check tire pressure, tread depth, signs of wear and tear, leaks, alignment issues, or for any punctures or damage.
- Check Fluid Levels: Make sure there are no visible signs of leakage or pooling on the ground near your engine bay.
- Get An Annual Inspection: An annual inspection is a service from a mechanic that will identify any necessary repairs and maintenance needed on your vehicle, and having a recent inspection report can help increase its value. It's important to get an annual inspection because it helps with the long-term safety and performance of your vehicle. A yearly inspection also helps with saving money in the long run by identifying potential problems early so they don't become big issues later on down the road.
You should also wash your car on a regular basis or have someone else do it if you don't have the time. Lastly, be sure to keep all receipts related to anything done on your vehicle in case you need them for warranty purposes later on down the road. Car guys will tell you there's no better feeling than when they find out their old workhorse is worth more than they paid for it years ago. When you know how to take care of your ride, there's nothing stopping it from maximizing its value!
Tips for Selling or Trading-In
If you’re in the market for a new car, then you know it’s a hassle to sell or trade-in your old one. Sure, there are plenty of places that will take your old vehicle off your hands, but not all of them offer good deals. The best way to handle this is by going through a service like RevvUp as they find the best instant cash offers from over 15 large buyers who will give you top dollar for your used car. In addition, if you’re looking to refinance a different vehicle, they can offer great deals on those as well. I don't recommend taking offers from smaller, fly-by-night dealerships because they’ll likely take advantage of your lack of knowledge and try to lowball you on the price.
How to Get An Instant Cash Offer
So you want to sell your car, but you’re not sure what it’s worth. You might have even looked up the Kelly Blue Book value before taking it in to get serviced or selling it yourself. But the real value is in what people will pay for it and there is a better way to find the highest price to sell your car and get instant offers from buyers: Use the RevvUp Vehicle Offer Platform
Why You Should Choose RevvUp
Do you have a vehicle that you’ve been thinking about trading-in with rising prices for cars? If so, now might be the time to sell it. If you want to sell your vehicle fast, at the highest price, and without the usual hassle--then RevvUp is the way to go. We'll take care of all the details so you can focus on what's important: driving that new whip!
You just need to answer some questions about your trade-in and we'll do the rest. There are no hidden fees or surprises - it's easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Check out these reviews:
"I usually try to sell my cars on Craigslist, but it's just too time-consuming. I was looking for something that would be quick and easy to use, so I found RevvUp! It's free for sellers and buyers."
"RevvUp was great! They found me the best price to sell my car in minutes!! GREAT customer service."
"RevvUp helped me make over $5,000 more than what I thought. Would definitely recommend you check it out."